- MQ2 is ok, active hacks/scripts are not (i.e. no warp, kill, etc.) Using it for radar and sending commands to your alts is ok though.
Visions of Grandeur Server Goals:
- To build an experience that preserves all the great things that we loved about EQ while smoothing over the rough parts
- Easy but not too easy, where you still have to actually play a little, but it doesn't feel like it's a job to progress and accomplish things
- Any class should be able to solo reasonably.
- Duos for minor raid bosses
- Full, balanced group for major raids
- Please post in the bug thread if you experience any wonkiness.
VoG Discord link
Client Download - This is basically the NL RoF2 client, but some people had client issues, so I zipped up my directory. If you're having problems with this client, then I probably am too.
Spell file - Once you've installed the client, copy this spellfile into your directory (overwrite the existing one).
If you're new to EQEmu servers:
- You'll need to make a EQEmulator forum account
- Click the verification link in the email your receive.
- Once logged in on the EQEmulator forum, click here to make a Login Server account
- Download and unzip the client and the spellfile listed above, and copy the spellfile into the main directory.
- Run the 'Launch Titanium.bat' in the above client to play, and log in with your Login Server account info.
- Running on a dedicated server with multiple daily backups, stored offsite
- Content up to PoP era
- Overall mob strength has been cut in half
- autoscribe/autoskill is in
- XP/faction gains have been boosted
- No death penalty or corpse runs
- Most locked doors/zones have been unlocked
- PHs have been largely eliminated through Vanilla/Kunark
- Removed some of the more annoying things mobs do (long duration cc/debuffs, teleports, etc.)
- Raid mobs respawn set to 2 hours in most cases, scales up to 24 for top end mobs.
- Most fabled mobs are in with 100% drop rates
- High out of combat regen
- Spell reagent requirements mostly eliminated
- Pets can tank!
- Mini-hub with translocators and noob vendors around the Soulbinder in PoK
- Free stackable Gate/Shrink/Invis potions as well as arrows/shurikens on the general goods vendor
- Pre-nerf things are fun and will be added when possible! So the following are in:
- - Manastone
- - Guise of the Deceiver
- - Fungi Staff
- - Box of Abu-Kar
- - Jboots
- - (If there are other pre-nerf things you'd like in, just post a suggestion!)