Love the server, tuning gets better every day it seems. Thanks, Control, for all the hard work. It's simply amazing to casual players like us.
Two balance issues today; one item dropchance change request, one server setting change request:
Crested Mistmoore Shield is a bit too rare for what it is; usually not a problem on populated non-solo servers- there've always been several for sale -cheap- in the Bazaar. They're one of the few Magic low level shields for Bash classes and one of the nice looking alternative Druid shields, but at a 25% drop rate AND the nerf to dynamic zone resetting, obtaining one comes down to luck rather than strategy. Base drop chance is 25% and there is nothing else on that first table; suggest bumping it up to 50% drop chance. Any more would be your discretion, but I will say that I liked how SOE implemented the upgraded player-made higher level versions of this shield with the Cultural Recipes; it's bizarre to me that they're LORE in the first place:http://mqemulator.net/item.php?id=9310
Still would like to be able to reset dynamic zones, that will actually be a deciding factor whether to even try epic quests here or not. Things like spawning Raster and/or Quillmane are too stupid for words, and the reason that lots of people left EQ in the first place, you know. Even on Solo oriented servers spawning rares is still difficult when Population grows because players will always crowd into important zones, and usually around the same times every day, and it gets compounded by those who want to level up and then gear up their alts.
Right now, reset times of 30 minutes are excessive, and I simply ask to make them something, you know "solo friendly"- many times there have been Fabled NPCs up that I've needed to despawn and its cost me a whole day, others times low level Fabled have been almost impossible to spawn, such as three hours spent trying to get The Fabled King Thex`Ka IV to spawn in Permafrost for that game-breaking AC 9, 40 HP cloak, that my Paladin "main" will be wearing until he can get either a Midnight Drolvarg cloak or Cloak of Flames.
Players understand full well all the little reasons to have to deal with clearing placeholders and persistent zones, but the main one has always been resurrectable corpses, and a distant second is the "I killed the boss/npc but my toon died before i could loot it"- here there are no corpse runs, and many times, getting back to that indispensable boss or epic NPC means hailing a soulbinder and then a translocator. Ta Da.
So, just a suggestion, but unloading dynamic zones seemed to work just fine before, though if there was an "ideal time" for Solo server dynamic zone unloading, it'd be 60, 90, or 120 seconds or so, just as long as players know and can plan accordingly, whether to camp-reset or just kill ph after ph after ph.
If they can kill it, in the case of Fableds...
Thanks for reading